A beautiful beginning for your life together…
Your wedding can be more than just the gown, flowers and music. Central can help your wedding be a celebration of your commitment to each other before your families, friends and God. A Central Wedding not only pays attention to all of those important wedding details, but is also designed to bring you closer together as a couple. When you leave Central on your wedding day, it is our hope that you will have a sure foundation for many happy years of life together.
That is what a Central Wedding is all about.
Central Reformed Church welcomes your request to be married in our historic church and also invites you to visit and worship with us. The clergy and staff look forward to helping you make your wedding ceremony a memorable event. The following information should be helpful as you begin making your plans.
Reserving a Date
Wedding dates must coordinate with the church calendar. Central Reformed members may reserve dates up to 18 months in advance. Dates will be offered to non- members up to 12 months prior to the wedding date. Weddings will not be conducted on Sundays. The date is confirmed once the contract and deposit is received.
The wedding hostess will assist in planning the flow and choreography of your ceremony and will serve as your host for both the rehearsal and the day of the wedding. Outside wedding coordinators will work with the wedding hostess.
Pre Marital Counseling
We strongly recommend premarital counseling by the pastor or counselor of your choice.
Central’s Minister of Music will be the organist for your wedding. If he is unavailable, he will secure an organist for your ceremony from our approved directory of guest organists. The Minister of Music will assist you in selecting music for your wedding. Music selections should reflect Christian traditions. Recorded music is prohibited.
- Arrangements for floral decoration may be made through the florist of your choice.
- Tacks, nails, wire, floral putty, string, and decorating tapes are not permitted on the walls, pews,
furnishings or woodwork of the church.
- Decorations of all kinds should reflect the sanctity of Central Reformed Church.
- No decorations or floral arrangements are allowed on the communion table or on musical instruments (i.e. organ, piano). Wedding flowers must be removed following the service.
- Central will provide a kneeling bench for the bridal couple, if desired.
- The church will provide a pair of candelabra and a unity candle stand, if desired.
- The use of runners and/or pew candles is prohibited for reasons of safety.
- Central Reformed Church is not responsible for preparing wedding service programs.
- Seasonal decorations of the church will not be removed.
- Decorations may be put up either during church office hours or in conjunction with the wedding rehearsal.
Pictures can be taken prior to, or following the ceremony and must be completed within one hour. No flash of any kind is allowed in the sanctuary once the wedding begins.
Rehearsal and Wedding Day
The wedding rehearsal is customarily held the evening prior to the wedding day and will last approximately one hour. Time allotted for the wedding is four hours, with additional time available.
A marriage license must be obtained prior to the wedding. The license should be presented to the Minister at the rehearsal.
- A member of Central’s pastoral staff will officiate your wedding service.
- No individuals may be on the chancel once ceremony begins other than wedding party, ministers and organist.
- If you wish to use rooms not generally open for weddings (nursery, classroom, etc) please discuss this with the wedding hostess.
- The Parlor is designed and equipped for the convenience and comfort of the bridal party prior to the service.
- Rice, feathers, colored flower petals, confetti or birdseed may not be thrown on, or about, the church property.
- No red punch is allowed.
- Alcohol is prohibited in the church and on the church grounds.
- Central Reformed Church is a non-smoking facility.
- By contracting for services with our church you agree to be responsible for any damage of church property or equipment caused by your party and/or guests.
- Technical and custodial facilities staff will be present the day of your ceremony and rehearsal.
- Central Reformed Church is not responsible for lost personal property.
- Member Rate: $1,300. Includes Minister, Organist, other staff and all fees.
- Non-Member Rate: $2,300. Includes Minister, Organist, other staff and all fees.
For further questions about your wedding at Central Reformed Church, please email our wedding hostesses at email@example.com